Well here I am... 16 days from the big day and still I have no Knot page! I don't know why it has not been a high priority for myself. Maybe it's that I could never find a page cute enough? Whatever the case, my favorite part of Knot pages is where brides tell about their bridesmaid... who they are, why they are such a great friend, fun stories, and weird facts of their favorite lady friends!
Alas, that's what I'm going to do today... I have 4 amazing friends who will stand beside me as I say those vows and enter into a new life.
Ms. Sarah Beth Elizabeth Borders

Sarah is playing the part of Co-Maid of Honor. Sarah has been a best friend since highschool. We had known each other for years but the summer before our freshmen year began our inseparable relationship. I think it had something to do with her pool or her mother's to-die-for cooking. :) Sarah has sense of style like no other, a bubbly personality anyone could love, and spiritual discipline and insight that challenges me each time we talk. I have had to privilege to travel to 3 continents with Sarah and have shared the same heart wrestlings for the nations. I consider Sarah's family my second family and I am so blessed by all the Borders. Sarah is one great girl--resilient and beautiful!
Ms. Tara Daniel (soon to be Mrs. Toebbe!)

Tara is Co-Maid of Honor as well and will be fighting it out with Sarah to see who gets to stand by me... you don't want to miss that fight! Tara is one of those friends you just can't get rid of! She is the longest lasting of any of my friends. We first met in the preschool years, then went to elementary and middle school together, then remained close in highschool through church and being accountability partners. Tara is my honest friend... when I need the truth, she is who I'm talking to! We share a love for Gap clothing and own alot of the same clothes (good thing she is in Louisville!). Tara is a hard-working girl who just finished nursing school and aced her boards to be a RN. Tara and I also share the bond of being soon-to-be-brides... and I must admit that Tara is much better at it! :)
Ms. Kristi Darks

Kristi is my roomie... and always will be! I met Kristi first semester of college in our BCM d-group. I wouldn't say we were friends though until we somehow were stuck living together during our sophomore year. Kristi and I are so different but I think that's what makes us so close. She is the life of the party (no joke... life with Kristi is a party!), super athletic, and the queen of hospitality. Of any of my friends, Kristi has been the most a part of Ross and I's relationship. From our first awkward dates where she would entertain him when I was too nervous to now when we have to have her around to watch certain shows. She has been a major part of our relationship and will continue to be. However, I think the thing I will miss the most after August 9th is my late night talks with Kristi. We used to have standing commitment to debrief on life with each other before we hit the sack each night. That time was so precious and challenging in my walk with the Lord. Long live 3blank3! :)
Ms. Kelli K-to-the-Rae-Rae Hepner

Kelli Hepner is the friend ever girl dreams of! She is the sweetest person I have ever known and I am not exaggerating a bit. Whether its her consistent encouraging notes, birthday phone calls where she must sing the whole song, or just her heart to give, I find myself saying all too often "I want to be Kelli when I grow up!" Kelli has the biggest heart and works in Birmingham at a Pregnancy Support Center, but can also be found on any break from school across the world serving the Lord. Kelli and I first became friends during highschool at Greenwood High School through church activities at Living Hope. I think our first bonding experience was our weekend trip to Phoenix for a Beth Moore conference. We had a sweet time of spiritual growth that weekend and made commitments to the Lord that still stand today (and I cannot forget, Kelli busted out a bright-and I mean bright-pink lipstick that kept me rolling for days!).
4 comments:
zart! you make me cry!!! i love you! you dont talk about us not being roomies anymore either. i still dont know who ever said it was okay for you to grow up and get married! sheesh! oh well atleast its keeping you in the country for a bit longer...
just want to say i love when people actually write on blogs! yay!... maybe i should write on mine??
nat- you should write on you blog about what you are learning about marriage in these first few months! and what it is like to be trying to live normal life here and yet prepare to go somewhere far away in such little time.... seriously! get used to blogging now so when you go over there you will be a pro!
you are tagged!!! i hope you will do it- it will give you something to blog about. go to my blog to see what i am talking about!
Post a Comment