Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Couch to 5K

I'm a bad blogger.

Let's just get that out of the way.

But in efforts to be a better blogger and a healthier person... I have started the "Couch to 5K" program and want to blog my experiences with it as a sort of accountability!

For those who don't know, the "Couch to 5K" is a 9-week program to train beginner runners to being able to run a 5k through a 3-day/ a week workouts. Growing up in Bowling Green, I've always wanted to run the Medical Center Classic in October. So that's my goal... to be able to run (notice there is no time expectation... I may will be slow!) on October 31st!

I actually started the training on Sunday. During the first week, the schedule is to do a 25 minute workout consisting of a 5 minute warm-up, and then running 60 seconds, followed by a 90 second recovery walk and repeating. Thankfully, this workout was a piece of cake (maybe cake isn't the best word to use as I aim to lose weight!) easy for me!! I found myself wanting to run for longer than 60 seconds, which ended up making the workout 30 minutes. However, I'm not too naive about myself to know that the coming weeks of workouts are going to be much tougher!

3 comments:

Sabrina Pate said...

yay for you finally posting again! and yay for trying the couch to 5k... i tried this for a few days last summer and about died (but that was when i was having super hard times breathing...).

maybe ill try it again?

Angel Borland said...

good for you, nat! i have always wanted to run a 5k too! who knows, maybe i will be ready in October too???

oh yeah, and i am a bad blogger too : /

Anonymous said...

look at how good of a blogger you are! You even cross out your words...a trait i find exciting? anywho, sabrinas been to my house, angels been to my house. come to my house.