I'm at the beach this week, which equals lots of time in sun and lots of free time!! Thus, here's an update on the Wellmans!! Hopefully this will catch everyone (well i hope there's just one of you! haha!)up on our life and the many changes that have occurred and will be occurring soon!
This fall has been unexpectedly changing and busy within the Wellman household! We've made our first move as a married couple (and pretty much my first move ever!), along with ending and starting new jobs and ministry. After a year of working with the middle school ministry at Living Hope, we knew that the time had come for us to move on. It's just crazy to think how when we started this just a year ago, these middle school students seemed so distant and awkward, but now, we've truly come to love the middle schoolers at Living Hope. We're so thankful for this past year at Living Hope but also for the church family that Living Hope has and will always be to us.
Ross started his new job at FBC Owensboro mid-September and a week later, we officially moved to Owensboro. Ross has taken an interim position for the middle school and high school at FBC... I've come to see him as a professional interim. :) We're slowing adjusting to this move. For this born and bred Bowling Green girl, Owensboro is just different. But it's growing on me! I have been acquainted with the new church and I'm already realizing that this is what the Lord desired for us. We've gotten to know our youth and had lots of fun at a retreat with our middle school students last weekend. We're living in a quaint part of town, with a great location. I was hesitant about our new apartment at first as it is pretty old (like built in the 40's!), but as we've worked to make it our place, it is great! (Pictures to come!). My number one question in Owensboro is what I'm doing with all my time... well, I'm having no problem keeping myself busy between driving back and forth from BG for orchestra, giving harp lessons, and finishing up some responsibilities with my job. But as for long term, I'm planning on substitute teaching for the short time we'll be in Owensboro.
As most of you know, Ross and I have spent the last year applying to move overseas to be language and culture students, among other things. It's been an intense process, with lots of applications and interviews, as well as lots of prayer in determining if this is indeed what the Lord wants for us right now. We have a big step in this process coming up this month. We will head to Virginia for a week to have our final interview and receive information about what our lives will soon be! We would really appreciate your prayers during this week (Oct. 19-24), that we would be nerve free and open to the Lord's leading in our lives. Also, that if the Lord wills it, that this interview would lead to a move for training in April and overseas in July, as we have planned.
So there you have it... an update that will hopefully lead to more blog posts! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you are living in an old apartment?! yay!! you know how i love old places. hope the beach is fabulous...
and i hope you keep updating, there are people interested! (and it will get you used to blogging so you will do it often when you head to the other side of the globe!)
Yep, a very old apartment! Not quite as cute as your old apartments, but it's still fun to live in a old downtownish neighborhood. Yes, that's my goal for blogging! I could read other peoples blogs all day long, but writing ones myself is surprisingly tough. I know in a few months, I'll really need to do it in order to keep our family and friends up to date and not so distant.
thanks for the update! i care and i read it! we will pray for you that week!
Natalie, I agree with Sabrina and Angel...there are people who want to hear updates on your life :-) Keep blogging! And I will be praying for you and Ross next week. I know that's a big deal! And if you ever need someone to hang out with in Owensboro, holler at me :-) My hometown (Livermore) is only 15 minutes away! AND...if you want a good pizza place, check out the Crow's Nest in Livermore ;-) Just drive south on 431 and you can't miss it! (well, if you blink you might) haha!
Post a Comment