Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ramblings via Panera

I'm wasting some time at Panera today, after having a dentist appointment in BG. My face is half numb from the dental work so I thought soup would be a nice option for lunch. Think again. I'm loudly slurping my broccoli cheddar soup in the middle of Panera.

Just so you know, that whole ambitious plan to run a 5k on October 31= FAIL.

On a nicer note, I now have a job in Owensboro. No substitute teaching here. God definitely provided by giving me a job at the church where R works as an assistant to the music minister. Fun times! Isn't it crazy how the Lord always provides?! Shew, I'm in awe.

And to follow up with the failed attempt at getting in shape.... Our church in Owensboro has a Christian Life Center with a SWEET gym. It almost makes me LIKE working out. Almost.

You know that game where people ask "If you were being sent off to a deserted island, what would be the one thing you would take with you?" Well, my life is that game right now. We're (Lord willing) moving overseas in July and will only be allowed a few suitcases. Seeing that we're going to a place where we'll see extremes in weather, most of our suitcases will be full of clothes for various seasons. But here's my top three for most prized item: 1) hair straightener (220 volt of course!), 2) big picture frame with signatures from our wedding (which Ross assures me will not fit into our luggage, but I'm up for the challenge!), and 3) just a couple pieces of Fiestaware??

I feel as though people are really pushing the holidays early this year. I mean everyone was carving their pumpkins and drinking hot cider when it was still 90 degrees outside and now, half the population has already decorated for Christmas. I love my holidays and highly anticipate all the festive traditions, but seriously?

And lastly, I'm a nomad at this point in my life. Ms. "I've lived in BG my whole life" will be living all over creation within the next 9 months (all over creation= 4 different locations). But I'm okay with it.

4 comments:

Sabrina Pate said...

1. i love the randomness of this post.
2. what are the four places you will live?
3. the holidays can come as soon as they want, i would like to put up my tree tomorrow... but that husband of mine says no!
4. you always have a numb mouth!
5. i think i am with ross, the frame probably wont fit. maybe we can take a really good photo of the frame and then frame it???

Anonymous said...

your face is half numb?!! be still my heart... :)

Brittney Galloway said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by the blog. Not sure if you will see this or not, but if you ever have any questions about the process or what not, you can find me on Facebook (Brittney Galloway, Orlando/ UCF,) or email me at ibgalloway@gmail.com

We were supposed to be at March appointment as well, but got moved up because we didn't have jobs/home!

Brittney Galloway said...

oh yes, and I think I found you on Facebook...we'll see!