The Wellmans have now full embraced the Christmas holiday! I LOVE Christmas and traditions,but as this is my last Christmas in the US for a few years, I'm fully embracing the season and enjoying the time with friends and family.
Without further adieu... my 2009 Christmas to-do list!
*Setting aside a night to decorate the tree and get into the Christmas mood- check!
*Decorating sugar cookies- check!
*Watching "The Holiday"
*Going to "Behold the Lamb of God" (this is one of our favorite traditions... however, our last year to do it since we'll be across the world!)
*Taking a trip to the Opryland Hotel
*Ross and I filling each others stockings (ps- my family never really did this tradition growing up, which was totally fine because we received SO much stuff anyway, but I really wanted to revamp this tradition)
*Getting new Christmas PJ's! This was a Riley family tradition. This year's PJs are WKU sweatpants for both us... so comfy!
*Finish reading Noel Piper's "Treasuring God in Our Traditions" and planning some God glorifying traditions to continue in our family.
*Reading the Luke 2 Christmas story together
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ok for some reason this did not show up in my google reader last week or two weeks ago, but i randomly saw that you had updated off of someone else's blog...
1. I am watching The Holiday right this very minute (did I tell you we got cable?), its at the movie store part where he hums all the movie scores. too cute. even at this late/early hour.
2. I am reading that book right now too
3. I totally want to get Christmas PJ's this year- my fam always used to do this!
4. Stockings are a HUGE thing for my family. We all look forward to this more than the presents.
Miss you friend!
Post a Comment