Merry Christmas Eve!
I thought I would follow in my blog friends' footsteps
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping. Unless it is an awfully awkward gift (aka bird house for my mother-in-law), then it get the bag.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial here. But I LOVE the smell of real trees! I had a real wreath this year and it smelled wonderful, so I can only imagine how good a real tree would have been.
3. When do you put up the tree? I would prefer the day after Thanksgiving. BUT... this year, we had a bit a drama in a getting our Christmas Tree. My Nana was nice enough to give us a tree, but we only managed to get 2/3 of the tree so we had to wait til someone could bring us it. But long story short- I wish the day after Thanksgiving but this year it was about a week later.
4. Do you like eggnog? Ew.
5. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably an American Girl doll. I wanted to Samantha (one of the American girls) growing up so getting the doll was a happy day in my life!
6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! A beautiful softstone nativity from Niger, West Africa! (Thanks Phillips fam!)
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Ross.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Didn't do either this year, but I hope to send real ones in the future. I LOVE getting Christmas cards in the mail, the good ole fashion way!
10. Favorite Christmas movie? The Holiday.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Black Friday.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sugar of all types... fudge, cookies, cake. (Oh goodness... this has been a bad holiday on the dieting front)
13. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree? Clear.
14. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night. Love it.
15. Travel or stay home at Christmas? Well we travel back in forth between family.
16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I think this is silly... I just saw all of Sabrina's answer just before I wrote this so I feel like it is cheating.
17. Angel on tree top or star? This year, we just had ribbon because I'm too cheap to buy a topper.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve with my parents and Christmas Day with Ross' family.
19. The most annoying thing about this time of year? The feeling that you have to get gifts for someone when they don't want or need anything, when there are so many people in desperate need.
20. What I love most about Christmas... I know this is cheesy, but having time to reflect on the truth that the God Most High sent His Son to live among us and bring the light of salvation to the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment